WHAT IS A HOME CHURCH?
A Home Church is a group of people who meet in-person to experience an online worship service together. They build community and encourage each other to grow in their faith by watching praise and worship as well as an encouraging message through our online streams.
WHEN CAN I WATCH?
HOW DO I HOST?
Here is what it takes to be a Home Church HOST:
- H: Have a heart for people
- O: Open your home
- S: Show the service
- T: Tell a friend
WHAT DO I DO?
- Invite people to your Home Church!
- Create the space. You will want to create an environment that is set for a successful event and ready for your guests, such as:
- Have worship music playing when people arrive.
- Depending on how you are viewing the service, make sure that everything is prepared. For example, if you are connecting a laptop to your TV, have it ready prior to people arriving and be ready to hit “Play.”
- Having food and/or drinks prepared is always a great addition when gathering people.
- If there are kids at your Home Church, prepare a Bible-related activity that the kids can do together.
- As a host, we encourage you to enjoy the service, worship your heart out, pray with your group, and set the stage for God to move in the people at your Home Church experience.
- When the service is over, encourage others to get connected; this could include filling out the online Connect Card if they are a first-time guest or if they want to learn more about CEFC, serve on a team, or grow in their relationship with Jesus!
- Invite people back for the following week.
- Contact your guests during the week to see how they are doing.
- Tell CEFC about your experience. You can write to us at [email protected].
WHAT IF SOMEONE HAS A PRAYER REQUEST?
- The staff at CEFC care about you and the people at your Home Church. Each Sunday, we provide a link online for people to submit their prayer requests. Encourage the person to send in their prayer request. The staff will pray for them during the week.
- Have those attending your Home Church pray for the person’s need as a group.
WHAT IF SOMEONE HAS QUESTIONS ABOUT SALVATION OR WANTS TO GET BAPTIZED?
- Our Next Steps Pastor would be happy to contact the individual to talk about these things. The person should contact Pastor Trevor, or the Home Church Host can send the person’s contact information to Pastor Trevor, at [email protected].
INTERESTED IN HOSTING A HOME CHURCH?
If you are interested in hosting church in your home with your Life Group or neighbors, please complete the brief form below so that we can help you get started.
WHAT IF I CAN'T HOST BUT WANT TO BE A PART OF A HOME CHURCH?
We understand that some people may not be able to “host” a home church, but they would like to join an existing group. That’s great too! We encourage you to connect with your Life Group leader to see if they would like to host home church. If you don’t have a Life Group or if your Life Group isn’t able to host home church, send us an email at [email protected] so that we can connect you with people near you.
WHAT IF I AM ALREADY HOSTING A HOME CHURCH?
That's great to hear! We would love to know more about your experience. Please click the button below for a brief questionnaire about your Home Church.